Home Grown Hamper
Please note: Some products listed in this article may no longer be available for sale.
We have gathered some of Australia’s finest products to create this delightfully home-grown hamper. Treat a special friend, sibling, mother, teacher or partner with this luxurious array of high-quality products. Featuring decadent treats from New Farm Confectionary Co, lush hand cream and handmade soap from Olieve & Oli, a hand-poured soy candle by Ivy & Wood and a beautiful ceramic Christmas decoration from boutique ceramic studio Paper Boat Press.
- Ivy & Wood Candle – Hand-poured in Brisbane, and featuring the beautiful Australian botanical illustrations of Brisbane artist Melanie Kilby. Scents include Bergamot & Banksia, Australian Bush, Wild Rosella, Australian Blue Cypress & Jasmine and Australian Florals. Scent will be supplied at random, but please contact us if you have a preference and we will try our best to accommodate based on availability.
- Luxurious Hand Cream from Olieve & Oli – All-natural hand cream produced by Olieve & Oli, Australian makers of natural and organic skincare products using natural, locally sourced ingredients.
- Handmade Olieve & Oli Soap – Handmade with lemon myrtle, lemon scented gum & poppy seed. Produced on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Bark (100g) from New Farm Confectionary Co. – Couverture Belgian dark chocolate speckled with freeze dried raspberry. Vegan friendly.
- Ceramic Christmas Ornament – Handmade by Paper Boat Press, a boutique studio based in Brisbane.
For some, exploring outdoors has been a newfound love this year. For others, it is a way of life. This handy selection of products is a perfect addition to any explorer’s kit. Featuring one of Australia’s most successful wildlife guides, a sturdy water bottle for staying well hydrated, a easily portable reusable cutlery set, eco-friendly Fire Lighters, a guide to some of Southeast Queensland’s greatest family bushwalks and of course a tasty treat of New Farm Confectionery Co Honeycomb – well, this hamper is sure to delight the adventurer in your life.
- Wildlife of Great Brisbane 3rd Edition – This Queensland Museum guide features full-colour photography and updated information on more than 1000 species. Describes the animals most likely to be encountered by residents and naturalists alike.
- Family Bushwalks in Southeast Queensland – A colourful and detailed guidebook packed with hundreds of more accessible family-friendly bushwalks, so the whole family can get exploring!
- Built NY Prospect Water bottle 32 oz. (950ml) – Double walled, stainless steel & vacuum insulated, ensuring your water stays cool for up to 24 hours. With a convenient wide loop handle for easy carrying, and wide mouth opening perfect for adding water on the go.
- Wrappa Fire Lighters – 100% natural and chemical free alternative to generic fire lighters. Made from plant-based wrap off-cuts rolled into a ball, one ball will burn for approximately 5 minutes, reducing the need for paper to get your fire going.
- Reusable Cutlery Set – 7 piece set includes bamboo knife, fork, spoon, chopsticks & straw with cleaning brush. Rolled up in a canvas pouch, making it easy to pack.
- New Farm Confectionary Co. Milk Chocolate Honeycomb (150g) – Handcrafted golden chunks of honeycomb dipped in couverture Belgian chocolate. Made in Brisbane.
Buzzy Bee Hamper
It is no secret that bees are extremely important animals – in fact, they are vital to the very survival of the ecosystem! They may be small, but their impact is big. Celebrate the gifts they give us by giving these gifts to give the bee-lover in your life.
- The Australian Native Bee Book by Tim Heard – A complete guide to native stingless bees. This guide allows the reader to do something about the decline of pollinators by conserving native bees. Written by expert Tim Heard, an entomologist and ex-CSIRO research scientist.
- Wrappa Beeswax Wrap – Beeswax wrap is an environmentally friendly way to wrap your food and keep it fresh. Handmade in Adelaide, Wrappa uses local filtered beeswax to craft a wrap which can be used again and again.
- Brisbane Wetlands Honey (350g) by Bee One Third – This honey is a seasonal reflection of the diversity of flowers found in the coastal wetland pocket of the Kedron Brook Waterway, a completely unique taste of Brisbane. Flying up to 5km from their hives, these Brisbane Wetland bees have found flavourful nectars from the neighbouring suburbs of Banyo, Nundah, Hendra, Northgate & Eagle Farm.
- Olieve & Oli Lip Balm (15ml) – Soothing lip balm made with a variety of oils, waxes and butters. Utilising beeswax with natural honey means this little pot packs a big moisturising and protective kick.
- Build a Bee Hotel – You don’t need to venture into the wild to engage with wildlife – it can be done in your own backyard with this kit! Includes all you need to build a small home for solitary bees and other insects.
Quit Plastic Hamper
Reducing our use of single-use plastic is a vitally important humans need to take for the wellbeing of our planet. Plastic finds its way into so many parts of our lives, from the kitchen to the laundry, from the local café to the supermarket. This hamper provides some of the easiest yet most effective tools to help reduce the use of single-use plastic in day to day life. Perfect for your eco-conscious friend or for that somebody who has wanted to make more environmentally friendly decisions but doesn’t know where to start.
- Quitting Plastic by Louise Williams & Clara Williams – Written by an Australian mother & daughter duo, this book provides tips on how to reduce the use of plastic in everyday life, starting with small changes that are easy to make and working up to bigger changes to incorporate into your daily routine.
- Set of 6 Reusable Silicone Food Covers – A great replacement for plastic wrap, these silicone food covers can be used to seal dishes, bowls, cans, cups, and fruits & vegetables. Come in a variety of sizes to suit multiple needs.
- Reusable Bamboo Straws – These straws are made from biodegradable bamboo, and do not contain any harmful chemicals which are often found in plastic straws. Better for you and better for the environment.
- Bamboo Clothes Pegs – Not only are plastic pegs prone to breaking easily, they are also one of the biggest culprits of plastic waste! These sustainable and biodegradable bamboo clothes begs are sturdier, more environmentally friendly and won’t stain light coloured clothes like plastic pegs oft do.
- 100% Cotton Reusable Calico Bag – Easy to throw in your bag and pull out when you stop at the shops. Lightweight, good quality and machine washable.
- Reusable Cutlery Set – 7 piece set includes bamboo knife, fork, spoon, chopsticks & straw with cleaning brush. Rolled up in a canvas pouch, making it stylish and easy to pack.
Give a gift that keeps on giving
Museum lovers will enjoy an Annual Pass membership which gives you yearlong access to play, question, test, observe and talk your way through SparkLab, discounts on exhibitions, special offers and much more. Choose from adult, concession, child (5-15 years) and family annual pass options.
Still can’t decide what to get your friends and family for Christmas? Check out our full online store for more fantastic gift ideas.